Laser liposuction is also called “smart lipo.” This procedure utilizes laser energy to reduce areas with excess fat deposits.
Overview of the Process
This procedure is a potential option for people with light or moderate amounts of excess fat, also having mild to moderate skin elasticity. Potential areas for smart lipo include the hips, abdomen, back, male breasts, thighs, knees, arms, neck, and face.
Doctors may use one of two techniques for this procedure.
The physician uses the laser to break up deep fat before removal, which can help minimize bruising because there is less bleeding.
Next, the laser is moved up into the superficial layer immediately under the skin to heat these cells. This stimulates production of collagen and elastin, which helps the skin recover faster.
Finally, the surgeon removes all remaining debris to sculpt and contour the body part.
The first steps are the same with this procedure, but the final step omits removal of the debris. Instead, these cells and fluids are left in the body to be reabsorbed. This procedure is usually used on the neck or face where only thin layers of fat are present and basic skin tightening is needed.
Benefits of Smart Lipo
The innovative nature of this technology makes the procedure more efficient and comfortable. Other benefits include:
- Immediate results. Over time, the appearance improves even more.
- Less pain for patients than standard treatments. A mild anesthesia helps eliminate all discomfort.
- More precise fatty tissue removal, which helps create more natural results.
- Faster recovery from this precise removal.
- The minimal invasiveness of laser liposuction, which is safer for patients because of a reduced risk of infection.