Before and After Laser Hair Removal Care
Before your laser treatment:
- Use sunscreen daily. Sun burned skin cannot be treated.
- Avoid any in-itants to your face, such as any products containing Hydroquinone, bleaching creams, Retin-A, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolyc/salicylic acids, astringents or chemical peels for at least 2 weeks.
- Do not use self-tanning agents for at least two weeks before any treatment. If you have used these products, thoroughly cleanse the area with abrasive/exfoliating scrub to remove all product two weeks prior to any treatment.
- DO NOT pluck or wax for at least 1 month prior to your first treatment, continuing through the course of your treatments. Plucking/waxing removes the target hair. DO NOT bleach or use “Nair”-type products for 2 weeks prior to treatment, this can irritate the skin.
- Please do not wear any makeup, perfume or lotions in the treatment area prior to your treatment.
- Before each treatment, please inform us if you are taking any new antibiotics or medications, as they may make your skin photosensitive and therefore we may not be able to treat you for one to two weeks after completion of the antibiotic.
After your laser treatment:
- If treating the face, please continue using sunscreen daily for the entire treatment period.
- Until initial skin irritation subsides, avoid hot water and anything irritating to the skin. Our Green Tea Serum and Herbal Wash is very soothing. Advil or Motrin can be helpful.
- Avoid any irritants to your face, such as any products containing Retin-A, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolyc/salicylic acids, astringents or chemical peels for at least 2 days.
- Do not wear tight, constricting clothing in the treated area as irritation can occur and skin cannot cool properly.
- Do not exercise, receive any body treatments, take hot showers, use saunas or hot tubs until skin is back to normal.
For all other questions, please refer to the FAQ5 sheet or “What to Expect” form.